Monday, 10 February 2014

store profile - hearts and minds art - greg peeler.

 
Greg Peeler Hearts And Minds Art
Todays profile features Hearts Minds and Art, a lovely store in Hastings St Noosa,  which belongs to a Greg Peeler and his partner Julie. Both passionate supporters of local artisans, their store is filled with great pieces made by talented artists and crafters including their own works- Greg produces wood and wire peg frames, while Julie is a fine photographer. If you're in Noosa, add a visit to Hearts Minds and Art to your holiday itinerary followed by a dip in the ocean and a long lunch. 

How would you describe yourself?
Happy, generous, considerate, good company and friendly.

What led you down your current path?
A move from the Mornington Peninsula (Victoria) to Noosa after children left home. A move we are loving. I started fiddling with timber and my peg frames started to take off. A retail opportunity came up, we ran with our ideas and here we are!
 

Where do you feel most inspired?
In the presence of my partner Julie, when we are chatting over a glass of wine. Lists are made, hands are waved around; we have a lot of fun planning.
What challenges have you had to overcome?
Belief that I do have a creative “side”, particularly as my background is real estate. I have always enjoyed drawing housing and 3D plans, so I guess there is some creative spark there!


What's been a 'pinch yourself' moment?
Every time I look at my life as it is, with what I am doing and the people I love.
 
locally made stools at Hearts Minds Art Noosa
Do you have a dream creative project?
To increase, or pull together, ways to further create opportunities for other dedicated artisans to display and sell their works, and to be appreciated for their talent. I also enjoy working with clients to design furniture to suit their particular needs, so more of that

What are you currently coveting in the world of design?
Colour, colour, colour. I do tend to lean towards new works of art rather than so-called vintage.

What's next?
To grow our business and replicate it in other towns, but keeping the focus on ‘local artists’. Of course my peg frames will find their way in there too!

When the weekend rolls around what do you love to: 
Read – Autobiographies, crime and suspense novels.
Watch- Sport .
Cook – Definitely BBQs, my favourite ‘Gregs burgers’, butterflied lamb
Create- My timber peg frames.
Listen to- 50s and 60s music.
Dream about- The next step, more travel.
Look forward to- Tomorrow (and playing more golf).