Wednesday, 22 January 2014

Beautiful style.

If you're a frequent Home Beautiful reader you would have already spied this lovely home in the January edition, but I thought I would share it again, as for me it was an absolute pleasure and a privilege to profile the beautiful home of Gail Hinkley. 

Ever since Gail first opened her store Signature in Noosa 20+ years ago it has been a popular destination for anyone who loves beautiful pieces for the home. I first remember visiting the store as a young teenager and I would swoon over all the patterned cushions, vases, combinations of aqua and white (which I still love!) hurricane lanterns, divine soaps, pieces of coral and photography by Gail's daughter Lauren. With my very modest budget I bought cards featuring Lauren's photos of frangipani and agave's and proudly framed them in my bedroom. Fast forward 15 years, you can imagine how excited I was to step inside Gail's home and see how the store evolved from her very own 'Signature' style. It's effortless, simple and has a distinct, yet subtle coastal feel.




If ever there was a home which feels instantly calming and relaxing this is it! Unfortunately photos can never truly capture exactly what a place feels like and in this instance it is the incredible national park surrounds and the sense your up in a canopy of trees which makes Gail's home particularly special. 


If you are not planning a holiday to Noosa anytime soon, you can get a taste of Signature's homewares here.