Monday, 11 November 2013

profile studio cockatoo - luke & kate bordessa.

 

luke and kate bordessa of studio cockatoo
When I am excited and amazed the first thing that usually comes out of my mouth is OH MY GOD! And they are the first three words which sprang to mind when I discovered Studio Cockatoo. The joint creation of talented couple Kate and Luke Bordessa, together they produce striking geometric-esque (new word) art prints. Trained in graphic design the couple's modern art prints stem from Luke's passion for photography and Kate's skills as a sketch artist, combined with a little digital manipulation using Illustrator and Photoshop. I absolutely love them, the colours, the composition, the geometric feel. I think these may be going to a few people this Christmas...They're on my list! The only trouble is picking a favourite. Checkout the entire range here.

How would you describe yourself?
Kate:Happy, busy, shy, generous and creative.
Luke:Kind, shy, easy going, English, cyclist.


What was your childhood dream?
Kate:Independence
Luke:I wanted to be a stunt man (seriously).

 
What led you down your current path?
Kate:My desire to work for myself.
Luke:My wife.


What do you love most about what you do?
Kate & Luke:Being able to work from home and spend time with our

Where do you feel most inspired?
Kate:Late at night, usually watching a trashy movie, with my dog Doug snuggled up beside me, playing on my laptop.
Luke:Out bike riding.

 
Who you admire?
Kate:So many people, I don’t know where to start.
Luke: Elvis Presley and Ricky Gervais.

What challenges have you had to covercome ?
Kate:Learning how to use photoshop!!
Luke:None really, life has been good to me.

 

What's been a 'pinch yourself' moment?
Kate & Luke:The birth of our son.

What are your top inspiring resources? 
Kate:Tumblr, walks in the national park, standing on top of mountains, instagram.
Luke:The outdoors, google, music and talking to friends.

Do you have a dream creative project? 
Kate & Luke::We’re living it.
 
What are you currently coveting in the world of design?
Kate:Zaishu stools!!
Luke:A new bike.
What's next?
Kate: I’m pretty happy to cruise along here for a while I think…
Luke:Now that would be telling....
 
When the weekend rolls around what do you love to:
* Kate *
Read – Blogs
Watch - Kids movies.
Cook - Green papaya salad.
Create - always creating.
Listen to - My son J.
Dream about - Holidays in hammocks under palms trees.
Look forward to - Everyday! 

* Luke *
Read – The news.   
Watch - Alan Partridge.
Cook - Kate does all the cooking.
Create - Ideas.
Listen to - The Ricky Gervais Show.
Dream about - Riding my bike.
Look forward to - Riding my bike.