Tuesday, 23 July 2013

garden inspiration.


I particularly love the annual August edition of Home Beautiful as it's always packed with inspiring garden design ideas and wonderful styling tips to transform the outdoors.

This year's issue is no exception and I had the pleasure of writing about one of the featured gardens - a stunning Sydney rooftop terrace which truly is an urban oasis. With the privilege of seeing the rooftop prior to the re-design, I was truly gobsmacked by the the transformation, as you would never guess it is the same space. Designed and styled by renowned garden guru Adam Robinson of Adam Robinson Design, every aspect of the rooftop was utilised to full effect and every element works together perfectly. From the Moroccan tiles, to the plant selection, custom outdoor cushions, to the colour scheme, outdoor lighting and pots - I absolutely love it all and so do the owners. 

I've been mulling over the pros and cons of painting my back fence for a long time, and after seeing this garden the wonderful way dark paint "visually recedes walls," I'm convinced! Porter's Paint Triple Lead - has won me over. To read about the garden and many more equally impressive outdoor spaces grab the current edition of Home Beautiful magazine.


styling adam robinson photography natalie hunsalvay copyright pacific magazines