Monday, 24 June 2013

profile sharon fuller - podart.

 
Sharon Fuller of Podart
Inspired by seed pods which gradually open and scatter their delicate contents and blossom, Sharon Fuller's Podart range is a beautiful mix of organic shapes. Bursting with bold colour, there is something undeniably cheerful about her graphic designs which she paints on canvas and inspire her lovely bespoke range of cushions. Set to launch a beautifully bright textile range for Pod Living in the next few weeks, I strongly recommend you bookmark Sharon's Podart site, so you can pounce as soon as it is available online!

How would you describe yourself?
Procrastinator, perfectionist, positive, people person and happy!

What was your childhood dream?
I don’t remember having one!


What led you down your current path?
Growing up I was always drawn to beautiful things and loved art at school. There is not one specific thing I could say has led me down this path, it has been a lifetime of experiences and influences.


What do you love most about what you do?
I love the freedom to try new ideas and the positive feedback i get from people who appreciate art and design.

Where do feel most inspired?
I must say my new studio is helping…..the dining room table was becoming a bit of a downer!  I love getting out in the garden, mowing the lawn, it clears my head.


Who do you admire?
My husband, he has had to put up with a lot and continues to support and encourage me.

What challenges have you had to overcome?
I suppose having triplet boys after four years of IVF was the biggest challenge I have had to date. It’s still a juggling act, but i know how lucky we are to have them.


What's been a 'pinch yourself' moment?
Seeing my first fabric design roll off the printer. 


What are your top creative resources?
Magazines (I have a serious problem), architecture, homewares shops, blogs, trade shows.


What is your idea of happiness?
Getting together with my three sisters and our 13 kids!  It’s noisy, messy and wild, but the champagne always puts a smile on our faces!

What's next?
I will be officially launching my textile collection for pod living in the coming weeks and getting ready to sell it online.


When the weekend rolls around what do you love to:
My own thing...but alas, there is soccer, washing, groceries etc.

Read – Any design magazine I can lay my hands on.
Watch- Trashy reality shows.
Cook - One-pot-wonders.
Create - new textile designs.
Listen to - My running play list (hopefully while I am running).
Dream about - Winning lotto.
Look forward to - A family trip to America.