Wednesday, 20 February 2013

sheets on the line.


I recently had the pleasure working with new bedding company Sheets on the Line and got to spend the day making beds in picturesque parklands and gardens. Slipping into one of these beds under the canopy of beautiful big trees is definitely my idea of sleeping under the stars. No sleeping bag for me.


Playing around with the beautiful organic cotton sheets, quilt covers, coverlets, linen throws and cushions I became very skilled at bed making, however the ease in which I mastered the fine art was largely due to the incredible quality of the fabrics and a few simple yet effective devices. The fitted sheets have a top and bottom tag, so thankfully I didn't need to wrestle with the sheets only to find I'd fitted it to the wrong corner! Also the doona's have special corner clips which attach to the inside corners of the quilt covers which makes fitting the two together a breeze.


The colourways for the entire Sheets on the Line collection is also divine, think moss, seafoam, mineral, cloud, sky, shell and storm. I know neons are very 'now', but for me these nature inspired hues are timeless, easy on the eye and make for a stunning bed. I love the lot!