Monday, 7 January 2013

i love orla kiely.

Happy New Year! I hope your first week of 2013 has got off to a great start. I thought I would devote my first post of the year to one of my all time favourite designers - orla kiely.

Ever since I first spied her eponymous stem print I've been smitten with absolutely everything she has produced, from homewares and fragrance to clothing and accessories.








My small but prized orla collection includes this bedlinen above, stationery, her pattern book and my lovely sister recently gave me some orla kitchenware for Christmas.


I particularly love the orla kiely House range which is inspired by mid-century modern design and features orla's lovely warm colour palette and distinctive prints. The range includes everything from wallpaper, furniture, rugs and cushions, ceramics, lighting, linen, towels and tableware. You could almost create an entire orla house... if I lived in the UK, I do think my house would be entirely orla.
* As a trivia aside, for others who are equally obsessed, in the movie Swinging With the Finkels the set designers have used an extraordinary amount of orla clothes, homewares, cushions, wallpaper, you name it! A word of warning though, that is the only noteworthy aspect of the movie, it's a shocker.

These cushions are next on my wishlist, but unfortunately they are pretty tricky to get a hold of in Australia.


I'd also love one of these coffee tables, but I don't like my chances... one can dream though!