Wednesday, 12 December 2012

all good things come to those who wait.

Not long after we bought our house two years ago, I started to drop a few subtle hints that it would be great if our back deck could be extended....

I didn't get much of a response, so I patiently waited and waited... then dropped a few more hints, but it seemed to no amount of persuasion could convince my other half it was a great idea. So when it seemed like the deck extension was an absolute lost cause, I changed tack and downgraded my plans to a few large timber stairs coming off the deck. I measured out the planned stairs with rope to share my vision... Still no movement or sign of interest...

However, an early Christmas present of a seven piece Makita drill kit changed everything! Much to my delight and absolute surprise I walked out the back on Sunday night to see the power tools had been used and little construction site had been established. Measuring had taken place and by Monday morning the holes for the bearers had been dug. I could not believe it! With a little patience and the gift of a new Makita kit good things can happen.

On Tuesday the bearers and joists went in.



This morning we did a little timber shopping.



And now it is well and truly underway! Christmas for me has come early.