Wednesday, 14 November 2012

i love chairs.

a pair I watched and coveted on ebay

For as long as I can remember I have had an obsession with chairs - butterfly chairs, harp chairs, coconut chairs, wire chairs, timber chairs ... I love them all, yet for the last few years I have been particularly obsessed with saucer chairs and more specifically the acquisition of one!

bonnie ashley and neil downie's home + saucer chair
temperature design chair
I have watched many saucer chairs come and go on ebay, however none were just quite right, often too rusty and strangely enough many seem to be in South Australia, which isn't terribly convenient when they are 'local pick up only.'

bertoia chairs - did I mention I love wire!
bend seating - love love love the entire collection

Unable to get a saucer chair I briefly considered splurging on a chair from Bend Seating, yet I resisted. 

a random picture from my - i heart chairs folder
two beauties from the style files

However, all good things come to those who wait and a few weeks ago I found a pair of chairs I absolutely LOVE at a garden store. Although they are not old, I plan on keeping them forever and one day they'll have the patina of well loved, well worn chairs. I must admit I got them purely for aesthetics, yet they're also super comfortable. I will snap them today, and post a photo tomorrow. 

from the small garden on pininterest