Thursday, 20 September 2012

the dairy - cameron parker.


Europe
europe
Cloudy Day
cloudy day
Gnarly 70's
gnarly 70s
Damask Lime
damask green
Groovy 70's
groovy 70s
Pineapples Summer
keren brown pineapples
keren brown cockatoos
Swingin 70's
swinging 70s

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=83fa55b30f&view=att&th=1398692af88c9b74&attid=0.2&disp=inline&realattid=f_h6m0g1d01&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P8aor1-80-6yBC_Mwbp_WdV&sadet=1346582749626&sads=eqkzobuRIAe306R106iB3fgtp_c&sadssc=1
cameron parker of the dairy

Why be plain when you could have a world of colour and pattern at your fingertips? That was the thought behind Cameron Parker's desire to transform the technological landscape one iPhone at a time. Inspired to 'slap a bit of self expression' and personality onto phones Cameron has launched The Dairy where you can select from a range of colourful designs and soon you'll be able to create bespoke covers using your own photos and designs - sign up here to find out more. Recently teaming up with designer Keren Brown, who I profiled here, her bright designs are already adorning phones. With an impressive gallery to choose from, once you've spruced up the exterior the next thing to do is find the perfect wallpaper! Who said decorating has to be limited to your home...

How would you describe yourself?
Outgoing. Energetic. Easy going. Organised. Positive.  

What was your childhood dream?
I always wanted to be a cinematographer. I loved going to the movies and wanted to be part of the movie making magic.  

What led you down your current path?
After years of working in the advertising industry I wanted to start something where I had total creative control. I wanted to apply everything I had learnt around marketing and apply it to my own business. It's been an amazing experience and I've loved every part of it. It's my baby and I can't wait to see it grown. 


How did your collaboration with Keren Brown come about?
Keren and I have been friends for years and recently I've been helping her with some marketing and mentioned I had a little pet project of my own. She said 'I've always wanted to see my designs on iPhone cases!' I said, 'awesome idea, let's get a collection happening, it's a perfect match'.

What do you love most about what you do?
I love being part of a creative environment. There is never a dull moment and it's full of excitement. Everyday offers a new set of challenges and opportunities. It's just a shame there is never enough hours in the day to make the most of it all. 

Where do feel most inspired?
I love to travel, so whenever I'm off on one of my adventures I love to think about everything and anything. It's a great chance to step back with a clear head. 


Who do you admire?
I admire people who are positive, the people who can fill a room full of energy and love. 

What challenges have you had to overcome?
Starting an online business from scratch and launching it within a few months is not easy. I've had to rely on many friends and family to help along the way. You can plan all you want but there will always be something that pops up you've never thought of. And most importantly, you really need to understand your own strengths and weaknesses so you know when to ask for help. 

What's been a 'pinch yourself' moment?
Seeing a photo of one of my iPhone cases on Instragram from a girl that has uploaded it onto her profile telling the world how in love she is with it. 


What are your top creative resources?
The world around me, finding the beauty everything. 

What is your idea of happiness?
Being a total gypsy and traveling the world, meeting people and immersing myself into different cultures. 

What's next?
I love online business and I have some other ideas I'm keen to explore. Online gives you the opportunity to create something for the whole world to find. 



When the weekend rolls around what do you love to:
Read - Newspaper and texts from friends. 
Watch - Documentaries and the news. 
Cook - Anything Thai, honestly I could eat it every night of the week. 
Create - Memories with friends.
Listen to - Some old school jazz if I'm feeling focused or some house music if I'm feeling energetic. 
Dream about - Traveling and living in Europe again. 
Look forward to - Endless opportunities.