Sunday, 23 September 2012

oyoy.

If you haven't heard about oyoy yet, it is probably because they are a new Danish company, but I think we'll be seeing a lot more of their functional, colourful designs gracing interiors. Reading their design statement, I realise why their homewares  struck a chord with me.

"We are inspired by the classic, Scandinavian style, adding undertones of simple, Japanese design and a passion for combining colour and materials."

A few years ago my sister asked me how would I describe my 'interior style'... tough question, as I have quite diverse taste, but what I came up with was - Scandi Geo Jap - she found this incredibly amusing but I think it sums up a few of my influences. I love Scandinavian white, white interiors, I love graphic geometric prints and I've always loved Japanese ceramics, fabrics and simple design forms. A fusion of all three, what could be better! Scandi Geo Jap might just be the next big thing.