Monday, 27 August 2012

profile leesa + kate - i do wedding tea towels.

kate with one of the i do wedding tea towel range
leesa with one of the i do wedding tea towel range
kate and leesa playing wedding dress - dressups
I do wedding tea towels was born out of case of one-upmanship by tea towel devotees Kate Bordessa and Leesa Gordon. Kate is the talent behind Wallallure and new company My Wooden Heart, while Leesa owns and runs Lamington, a beautiful homewares store in a prime position on Hastings St in Noosa.
In addition to their love of tea towels both are equally obsessed with weddings and by way of compensating for their less than elaborate 'big day' the pair decided to launch, i do wedding tea towels, which combines their passions.
A new take on wedding invitations, brides and grooms can customise their very own tea towel to create a memorable and handy invite. Available in a range of colourways and designs, the screen printed tea towels are a wonderful keep-sake and also look great framed. Check out the range here.
As both Leesa and Kate are an incredibly talented duo, I've split their profile across two posts. Read about Leesa below and stay tuned for part two tomorrow.

How would you describe yourself?
Sarcastic, generous, foodie, wino, lovely (my son Charlie told me to write that one).

What was your childhood dream?
To become Miss Australia but when I got to about 12 years old I realised I wasn't the most beautiful girl in the world like my parents had always told me.

What led you down your current path?
Choosing which fork to take when opportunities arise.

What do you love most about what you do?
Googling.

Where do you seek inspiration?
In front of my Apple Mac.

Who do you admire?
My son's school teacher - Tania. The most genuine, lovely woman ever.
 
What challenges have you had to overcome?
There is always challenges to overcome. I just plough through them to get to where I need to go.

What's been a 'pinch yourself' moment?
Giving birth but it was a bit more than a pinch.

What is your idea of happiness?
Monday night magazine - either Woman’s Day or New Idea - whichever cover looks like it has the most gossip.

 
What is next?
To conquer the world one tea towel at a time.

When the weekend rolls around what do you love to:
Read - Gourmet Traveller magazine
Watch- Noosa Film Society movies.
Cook- Scones with my son, Charlie.
Create- Window displays at my shop Lamington.
Listen to- Gotye, Lykke Li, Fleetwood Mac.
Dream about- Relaxing but never do.
Look forward to- Collectorama Antique Fair every 3 months.